Recently, weight loss surgery Turkey has become one of the most preferred treatments. Today, many people suffer from obesity. Therefore, there are many different treatment methods. Diet, exercise, and more solve your height problem. People also choose surgical operations for solving their height over problem. So, many question come in mind, such as what is it, how is it performed, what kinds of bariatric surgeries and also most important where should be it performed. Here, you can get the answers of all these questions.
Sometimes, performing any surgical procedure may be very difficult for you. Therefore, you should get more information about procedure, cost, location, doctors, and more. And, you well criticize all of these before decision. Turkey is the best option for you to have bariatric surgeries. Turkey bariatric surgeries include gastric sleeve, gastric balloon, tube stomach, and duodenal switch respectively. Each one is performed in different conditions. First, we began to explain what is weight loss surgery, or bariatric surgeries.
- 1 What is Weight Loss Surgery Turkey?
- 2 Types of Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
- 3 The Cost of Bariatric Surgeries Turkey
- 4 Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Reviews
- 5 The Best Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
- 6 FAQs about Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
What is Weight Loss Surgery Turkey?
Weight loss surgery, or bariatric surgery, is the surgical procedure for solving obesity. This procedure is performed many different ways. These ways may differ depending on patient’s conditions. Recently, Turkey has become the best health-tourism location in the world. So, many people, who have a surgical procedure, prefer Turkey. With the affordable cost and experienced surgeons, Turkey provides you with the best treatment opportunity. Especially, Zaren Clinic is the best choose for you.
Zaren Clinic offer many opportunity;
-5 Star Hotel Accomonitation
-Private VIP transformation
-Pre and Post operation Support
-12 month follow up
Types of Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
Bariatric surgeries contain many variety operations. The operations are;
Thus, you can find the best suitable treatment for yourself. Now, let’s delve into them.
Gastric sleeve procedures in Turkey are conducted by skilled bariatric specialists employing cutting-edge surgical methods and tools. Zaren Clinic specializes in a variety of obesity treatments and provides comprehensive care to patients, ranging from pre-surgery consultations to post-operative monitoring. Zaren Clinic boasts the top sleeve surgery expert in Turkey.
- Procedure:The surgeon removes approximately 80% of the stomach, leaving behind a tubular “sleeve” that is similar in shape to a banana. This significantly reduces the overall volume of the stomach. Unlike the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, the gastric sleeve operation does not involve any rerouting or reattachment of the intestines.
- Results:With a drastically reduced stomach size, patients feel full more quickly when eating, leading to a significant reduction in the amount of food consumed. This promotes rapid and significant weight loss. The procedure also causes changes in gut hormones that increase feelings of fullness, reduce hunger, and improve the control of blood sugars. Some studies have also indicated potential positive effects on gut bacteria composition.
- Risks:Potential risks of the Gastric Sleeve operation include leakage from the staple line, surgical complications, potential for longer term nutritional deficiencies (especially if dietary recommendations are not followed), and acid reflux. There is also a risk of the sleeve stretching over time, which could reduce its effectiveness in limiting food intake. Unlike the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, there is no risk of dumping syndrome since the intestines are not rearranged.
Gastric & Mini Gastric Bypass
Gastric bypass and mini gastric bypass are both bariatric surgeries aimed at reducing the size of the stomach and rerouting part of the small intestine to facilitate weight loss. Here’s an overview of both:
Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, RNYGB)
- Procedure: In the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: The stomach is divided into a small upper pouch and a larger, lower pouch. The small intestine is then rearranged to connect to both. The top portion of the small intestine (the duodenum) remains connected to the lower stomach pouch, while the next portion (the jejunum) is directly connected to the small upper pouch. This rerouting causes food to bypass a large portion of the stomach and the initial section of the small intestine.
- Results: This procedure significantly reduces the volume of food the stomach can hold, and it decreases the absorption of nutrients, which can lead to rapid and significant weight loss. It also induces changes in gut hormones that promote satiety, suppress hunger, and reverse one of the primary mechanisms by which obesity induces type 2 diabetes.
- Risks: Potential risks include surgical complications, nutritional deficiencies, and “dumping syndrome,” where food is “dumped” directly from the stomach pouch into the small intestine without being digested.
Mini Gastric Bypass (One-anastomosis Gastric Bypass, OAGB)
- Procedure: The mini gastric bypass is a simpler procedure than the RNYGB: The stomach is divided into a tubular stomach along the lesser curvature, similar to the gastric sleeve, but then the intestine is brought up and connected to this tube (anastomosed), bypassing a larger length of the intestine than in the RNYGB. This results in both restrictive (smaller stomach volume) and malabsorptive (decreased nutrient absorption) effects.
- Results: Studies have shown that the mini gastric bypass can be as effective as the RNYGB in terms of weight loss and improvement or remission of comorbidities like diabetes.
- Risks: Along with the general surgical risks, there’s a potential for bile reflux because there’s no “Roux limb” to prevent bile from flowing back into the stomach pouch. Bile reflux can cause gastritis and increase the risk for gastric ulcers and possibly esophageal cancer in the long term. However, long-term studies are still ongoing to understand these risks better.
Duodenal Switch Surgery
The Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS), commonly known as the Duodenal Switch (DS), is a more complex bariatric surgery that combines both restrictive and malabsorptive elements. The surgeons less commonly perform than the gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy but can result in significant weight loss and improvements in health.
- Restrictive Component: The surgeon remove a large portion of the stomach, similar to the gastric sleeve procedure, but the pylorus (the valve that releases food to the small intestine) remains. This results in a smaller stomach and reduced food intake.
- Malabsorptive Component: The small intestine is rearranged to separate the flow of food from the flow of bile and pancreatic juices until they meet in the last 18-24 inches (45-60 cm) of the intestine. This results in significantly reduced calorie and nutrient absorption.
- Weight Loss: BPD/DS often results in a greater weight loss when compared to other bariatric procedures. It’s common for patients to lose 70-80% or more of their excess weight.
- Comorbidity Resolution: Due to the substantial weight loss and hormonal changes post-surgery, many obesity-related health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea, see improvement or complete resolution.
Risks and Considerations
- Nutritional Deficiencies: Because of the significant malabsorption, patients can develop deficiencies in vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, vitamin D, and B vitamins. Patients require lifelong supplementation and regular monitoring.
- Protein Malnutrition: Reduced protein absorption can occur, making it essential for patients to consume adequate protein and have regular check-ups.
- Increased Bowel Movements: Due to the malabsorptive component, patients can experience increased, and sometimes urgent, bowel movements.
- Surgical Complications: As with any surgery, there are risks of complications, such as leaks, bleeding, and infections.
- Chronic Conditions: If not managed properly, there can be long-term complications such as ulcers, hernias, and intestinal obstruction.
The Cost of Bariatric Surgeries Turkey
|Surgery Type||Minimum Price (USD)||Maximum Price (USD)|
Please keep in mind the following:
- Variability: The prices can vary based on the clinic, the surgeon’s experience, and the city in Turkey.
- Included Services: Some prices may include other services such as accommodation, transport, post-surgery follow-ups, etc. Always ask what the quoted price includes.
- Current Prices: As mentioned, the prices have likely changed. You’ll want to get recent quotations.
- Additional Costs: There may be additional costs related to pre-surgery tests, post-surgery medications, or potential complications.
Lastly, it’s essential to prioritize your health and safety over costs. Ensure the clinic and surgeon have proper certifications, positive reviews, and relevant experience.
Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Reviews
- Quality of Healthcare: Turkey has become a leading destination for medical tourism, including bariatric surgeries. Many of the hospitals and clinics are JCI-accredited, which means they meet international healthcare standards.
- Cost-Effective: Many patients have reviewed bariatric surgeries in Turkey as being cost-effective compared to the prices in Western countries. Often, the cost of surgery in Turkey (including travel and accommodation) is still cheaper than just the procedure itself in countries like the US or UK.
- Comprehensive Packages: Many medical tourists appreciate that clinics in Turkey often offer comprehensive packages. These can include the surgery, accommodation, airport transfers, post-operative care, and even city tours.
- Skilled Surgeons: Reviews often highlight the expertise and experience of Turkish bariatric surgeons. Many have trained internationally and are members of global medical associations.
- Language Barrier: While the major clinics and hospitals in Turkey catering to medical tourists have English-speaking staff, some patients have reported minor communication challenges outside of these settings.
- Post-Operative Care: Some reviews have pointed out the exceptional post-operative care offered by Turkish clinics, including diet plans, follow-up appointments, and 24/7 medical assistance.
- Speed: Due to the high demand and streamlined processes, some patients have reported getting their surgeries scheduled and completed faster than in their home countries.
- Potential for Complications: Like any surgery, there’s always a risk. A few reviews have mentioned complications, but it’s critical to differentiate between complications arising from the surgery itself and those that might occur due to not following post-operative care guidelines.
Tips if Considering Surgery in Turkey:
- Research: Always do thorough research on the clinic, the surgeon’s credentials, and read multiple reviews.
- Consultation: Ensure you have a comprehensive consultation, either virtually or in person, before traveling.
- Plan for Recovery: Remember that you’ll need recovery time after surgery. Consider this when planning your return journey and activities in Turkey.
- Travel Insurance: Make sure to get medical travel insurance that covers any potential complications or additional treatments.
The Best Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
When it comes to transformative weight loss solutions, Turkey has emerged as a global hotspot, boasting state-of-the-art medical facilities, internationally-acclaimed surgeons, and competitive prices. But among the myriad of options, there’s one name that consistently stands out – Zaren Clinic.
Why Choose Zaren Clinic?
- World-Class Surgeons: Zaren Clinic prides itself on a team of board-certified surgeons with international training and a track record of thousands of successful bariatric surgeries. Their expertise ensures that every patient receives the best care tailored to their individual needs.
- Cutting-Edge Facilities: Zaren clinic has the latest medical technology, ensuring procedures are conducted with utmost precision. The modern, hygienic environment of Zaren Clinic meets and often exceeds international healthcare standards.
- Comprehensive Post-Operative Care: The journey with Zaren Clinic doesn’t end after the surgery. Zaren Clinic provides patients with holistic post-surgery support, from nutritional guidance to psychological counseling, ensuring a smooth transition and long-term success.
- Personalized Approach: Every patient’s weight loss journey is unique, and Zaren Clinic understands this. From the initial consultation to the post-operative check-ups, the team ensures personalized care, addressing individual concerns and requirements.
- Language and Comfort: Catering to a global clientele, Zaren Clinic has a multilingual staff, ensuring no communication barriers. The clinic also offers comfortable recovery suites and dedicated staff to cater to the needs of international patients.
Experience the Transformation
It’s not just about shedding pounds; it’s about regaining confidence, health, and a zest for life. At Zaren Clinic, they believe in transformative experiences, and their success stories speak for themselves.
For anyone considering weight loss surgery in Turkey, Zaren Clinic is more than a choice; it’s a promise of excellence.
Book your consultation today and embark on a journey to a healthier you.
FAQs about Weight Loss Surgery Turkey
Is weight loss surgery in Turkey safe?
Yes, weight loss surgery in Turkey is generally safe when performed by qualified surgeons in accredited medical facilities. Many Turkish hospitals have international accreditations and certifications. It’s essential to research and choose a reputable clinic or hospital, and ensure that the surgeon is board-certified and experienced in the procedure you’re considering.
How much does weight loss surgery cost in Turkey?
The cost of weight loss surgery in Turkey is typically lower than in Western countries, making it attractive for medical tourism. The exact cost depends on the procedure (e.g., gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, or gastric balloon), the facility, and other factors. On average, prices can range from $4,000 to $15,000, but it’s always best to get a personalized quote from the chosen facility.
What is the recovery time after weight loss surgery in Turkey?
The recovery time can vary depending on the specific surgery. Generally, patients may spend 2-3 days in the hospital after a surgical procedure. After operation, we recommend that you stay in Turkey for at least another week for post-operative check-ups. Therefore, complete recovery and return to normal activities might take a few weeks.
Are there any language barriers in Turkish hospitals?
Major hospitals in Turkey, especially those catering to international patients, often have English-speaking staff, including doctors and nurses. Additionally, many facilities offer translation services or assistance for foreign patients to ensure smooth communication.
Will I receive post-surgery support for my weight loss journey in Turkey?
Yes, Zaren Clinic offers comprehensive post-operative care, including nutritional counseling, psychological support, and follow-up medical check-ups. It’s essential to maintain communication with your medical team and follow their guidance for a successful long-term outcome.